A rated windows, when installed correctly can help to minimise heating and lighting costs. Their environmental impact is low as they produce less carbon emissions.
We supply and fit A rated windows in Manchester, Greater Manchester, and throughout the North West. You can rest assured that the quality of the glazing is unsurpassed exceeding British Safety Standards.
what makes a rated windows so good?
There are a number of factors that are attributed to A rated windows, namely they are renowned for improving the energy efficiency of your home, in turn reducing outgoings.
The main benefits of A Rated Windows (energy rated) are as follows
- You can save money on outgoings such as heating bills
- They improve the energy efficiency of your home
- Your carbon footprint is lowered
How do A rated windows work?
Without getting too technical… it boils down to the combination of window frame and type of glass, and gases which fill the cavity between the panes. The combination of these elements is how the ratings are applied to different levels of quality.
- A rated windows use a slim or medium depth window frame, minimising heat-loss through the window frame
- Double-glazed glass units use a low-emissivity (or Low-E) glass for the inner pane that has a thin coating on the inside which reflects heat back into the property.
- A-rated windows let the sun’s solar energy penetrate them.
- The panes of glass are separated by use of a thermally efficient spacer.
- Argon gas fills the cavity between the two panes of glass on A rated windows, creating further insulation.