A staggering 26% of all domestic heat loss escapes through the windows*. Installing energy efficient windows can save you up to 28% per year on your heating bills compared to traditional windows and frames.
Window Energy rating are there to explain how energy efficient your windows are. The rating system is founded on ratings of A-G. Naturally A rated glass is the most energy efficient glass. All windows and doors that we are supply and fit are able to achieve up to A rated energy efficiency.
the benefits of energy efficient glass
- Reduced energy costs: replacing all single-glazed windows with B-rated double glazing could save you around £165 per year on your energy bills.
- A smaller carbon footprint: by using less fuel, you’ll generate less of the carbon dioxide that leads to global warming – typically, 680kg a year.
- A more comfortable home: energy-efficient glazing reduces heat loss through windows and means fewer draughts and cold spots.
- Peace and quiet: as well as keeping the heat in, energy efficient-windows insulate your home against outside noise.
- Reduced condensation: energy-efficient glazing reduces condensation build-up on the inside of windows.
“A” rated being Triple glazed
“C” rated windows offered as standard
*Source: Energy Saving Trust